Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hitler's Auto Owner Warned About Ghosts

Danville Commercial News July 13, 1948

Hitler's Auto Owner Warned About Ghosts

Chicago - (AP) - The owner of Hitler's automobile has been having a lot of trouble over the vehicle - including two offers of marriage and numerous warning about the ghost of Hitler.
Christopher G. Janus of Chicago, who bought the vehicle, said Tuesday that "my principal aim right now is to get back to the exporting business."
Janus has these plaints:
"I have had two offers of marriage, one of the ladies sounding exceedingly pleasant. (He already is married.) She said she liked my picture and thought I was going to become very rich.
"On the other hand, a psychiatrist who was not quite sure about me wants to psychoanalyze me. Someone from the Bronax sent me a silk tie made in Japan.
*** A lot of people seem to think I know where Hitler is.
"But perhaps the most curious thing of all has been the number of people who warned me I can't keep the car because Hitler's ghost won't let me. I try to tell them that I don't believe in ghosts. *** And anyway ghosts don't bother free men. However, an astrologer thought it makes no difference how I feel.
"I might add most of the misconceptions and rather ridiculous suggestions come from New Yorkers," he added in a statement.
Janus added he intends to use the behemoth regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment